Monday, August 27, 2007

Sending Off First Son to Norwich U.





We send our eldest off to college last week...he'll not like me for posting this fact, but as his mom for 18 years, I deserve the right to blog on my blog about sending my first kid off to college. It's 2.5 hrs from our home in Vermont....lovely scenery, but in the middle of nowhere (sorry, Northfield!). Beautiful campus, wonderful faculty, and I believe it happens to be the exact place where God wants him right now. He chose Norwich on his own, and it's exciting to see him start the new phase of his life as a Norwich Rook for his freshman year in Cavalry Company, 2nd squad while he majors in Criminal Justice. Rook Week and the Dog River Run are over, and now it's time for him to find out what life, college, and etc. is all about, as the Lord leads him. We were all pretty tired here in the photos, as we left for Norwich a bit after 5 am...and in these photos, after processing and oodles of events and sightseeing, we were a bit tired. Did you know that Norwich IS all uphill? I really thought it was a joke, but I don't think so. :)


I've cleaned up his room (aka the craft room for me), washed the sheets, did his laundry (you are welcome, son), dusted, and pulled out my knitting boxes of yarn to find yarn to begin Branching Out in Elsebeth Lavold, Silky Wool [65% wool, 35% silk; 190 yards /175 meters per 50g skein] or the Forest Canopy Shoulder Shawl in some sport weight that I picked up at WEBS a week ago...can't find the stash I've hidden from myself...not sure which to cast on yet, as I'm also on the toe of some socks for dear Jennie, my Knitty sock pal for this round. I'm knitting her socks in the _______ pattern, in the __________colorway from one of my favorite yarns, _______. Sorry Jennie, you'll have to wait to see the socks!

1 comment:

lauriec said...

I'm sure he & his rook buddies (who will become life long friends & brothers to him) are counting the days until they're "recognized"

My 1st wedding was at White Chapel as my ex is a Norwich Alum & didn't want to be married @ UVM!

Enjoy the OBX!