Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Knitting at a Beach



Is it really that odd to knit at a beach? I finished up a pair of Monkeys yesterday for a swap while at Pawtuckaway State Park beach, while picnicking with a friend and her children. It was a perfect day for knitting, not too hot or cold, and I had a great seat in the shade by the lake beach, watching my 8 yr old swim endlessly for hours with his friends. Within 5 minutes of "kitchener-ing" the sock toe, I knit a gauge swatch for my niece's Koigu neon pink socks.
A lot of "looks" from other beach goers, but one lady ran up to me and said "I'm a knitter too, what are you knitting?, and we discussed yarns, the Monkey pattern, tension, pooling, etc. So, it felt good to be "validated" by a fellow knitter, whomever she was...and I thank her. :)

Of course, I'm lining up my knitting projects for our vacation to NC next week, along with plenty of small projects to take to the beach every day while there. Of course.

Now...in today's papers....knitting humor just for us. I get "it", but my hubby didn't appreciate this as much as I did:

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

This cartoon is so awesome!