Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Wednesday Ramblings While on Pain Meds

Not much today...I had a tooth extracted (not my first) and after the wonderful Novocaine wore off, and even after the 2 Vicodin...I'm NOT a happy camper!!! Not even close. :( I've got an ice pack on my cheek, and although I'm an RN, I'm not a good patient. I'm a ninny. Truthfully, I know that all is fine and this is just a little thing, and I'm grateful to my Lord for all He has done for me, but I'm just in a bit of a cranky mood and have PMS, I think. :)
Actually, it's a nice, quiet evening. All of the family is at church tonight, where I'd love to be, but I'm home in my jammies, taking pain meds and using an ice pack, and actually enjoying the peace and quiet. I hate missing fellowship with my church family, but this is the best place for me tonight.
The weather here in NH is OK, but the flooding has caused havoc in our state for many...still without electricity, phone, and water in their homes...deep, and some have been evacuated. Most of us have had no school this week, but since we homeschool, school presses on! :) The town crew surprised me tonight by quick patching our lower driveway, so we can pass over it safely, and hopefully they'll be back in a few weeks to address the drainage problem and give a more permanent solution to the washed away driveway...we have a little bridge to go over to the road...I'd like to be able to travel from my home to the rest of the world! :) Of course, all of this rambling is nothing compared to the VT massacre that I'm watching on Fox News right now. I pray that God will comfort the families and students.
Annie (our baby Schnoodle) is adjusting well to life in our home. She has an exercise pen (3ftx6 ft) in the kitchen corner and seems happy. Sleeps well at night without whining. Eliminating and voiding on the pads like a good little girl....plays well with the kids...Toby is still a bit wary of her...and she goes to the Vet on Friday for her check-up. I can't believe I have a puppy just 2 weeks after Hannah died, but I love this little love bug, and feel like it was the right choice...I pray that we have a good 14 years or so with Annie!
While I'm rambling on...how about knitting? I'm on the foot of my Oceania blue socks (see color in a previous post this week) and hoped to knit tonight, but this tooth is a real bugger. In fact, I'm going to go try to sleep a bit. Sorry for no pictures tonight!
I received a wonderful box from my Bookmark Exchange pal, Jill, and I'll post about it tomorrow. Thanks again, Jill!

1 comment:

mrs munch said...

Hope you are feeling better soon - I feel your pain {{{hugs}}}