Friday, April 20, 2007

Felted Bag Exchange

1. How long have you been knitting or crocheting? How did you learn? Since a young teen, from my very crafty grandmother. I've recently in the past few years started knitting again, and started knitting socks this year and I'm now a sockaholic, I think....I love socks. I've felted a few fun coin purses and a Booga Bag from Black Sheep Bags. In Noro, color 95. :)
2. What are your favorite yarns to knit\crochet felted bags with? Noro Kureyon, Cascade 220 are the only 2 I've tried so far.
3. What are your favorite needles to knit\crochet with? Birchwood, Rosewood. I only knit. Short wooden dpns are my favorites.
4. What are the last 3 bags you knitted\crocheted (include URL for Yahoo! or flickr album or your blog if you have them!)? You can also link to patterns if you don't have pictures of your finished objects! See Booga Bag pattern above!
5. Do you carry the bags that you make, give them as gifts, or both? It's mine! The one and only felted, so far. :)
6. What is your favorite felted bag that you have made for yourself? Booga Bag.
7. What are your favorite colors? Do you like bags in these colors or choose other colors? Most of the Noro colorways, jewel tones, pinks, teals, purples, reds, blues, etc. Black, too. Currently my favorites are the pink and brown colorways..it reminds me of chocolate covered cherries. Can you tell I'm hungry while answering this questionnaire?
8. Chocolate: White, Milk, Dark, or not so much? milk chocolate, Yumm-o!
9. Coffee, Tea, or Milk? coffee-aholic!
10. Do you prefer sweet or salty treats? What kinds? sweet. :) chocolate or Swedish Fish. Cookies are a favorite, too. My new favorite: Nonni's biscotti!
11. If you went into Bath and Body Works and could only come out with one item, what would it be and what would it smell like? Chocolate Mocha Body Cream or Cinnamon Bun Body Wash!
12. Do you enjoy any other crafts or hobbies? Do you collect anything? I quilt, but not for the past few months. I knit. I collect costume pins to wear on sweaters and my favorite brown corduroy/ jean jacket, and yarn. Yes, I collect yarn. Sock yarn. Don't tell hubby how much!
13. Are there any bag patterns you have not yet knit, but hope to someday? Some Noni felted bag patterns (Adventure Bag and Night Garden) and a cute bag from SWTC...the Itty Bitty Bucket Bag.
14. What is currently OTN (on the needles) for you? Socks, socks, socks...and a Booga Bag.
15. What is your most recent finished object before that? socks for my son.
16. What's cutest: Puppies, Piggies or Pixies? Puppies (mine is 10 wks old!)
17. Do you enjoy reading? Books, Magazines, or both? both
18. Do you have any children? (kid-kind or pet-kind apply!) 3 sons, a puppy, and a geriatric shepherd.
19. What are some of your favorite yarns for other projects? For socks, see blogside bar...Koigu, Fleece Artist, Colorfullife.etsy.com (great yarns!), most superwash fingering Merino yarn.
20. And for the final question, one I see debated all over: Novelty Yarn: Love it! Hate it! or It depends! Sorry, but I dislike it. Natural fibers are my lovies!

No comments: