Sunday, April 15, 2007

SP10 Quest for Yarn...


Hmmm...what has been my wildest quest for yarn? Stalking shops, eBay, Etsy, or my best friend's stash...nope, it hasn't been a global quest for any exotic yarn. Most of my "must have" yarns have been found and bought, or given to me. However, early on in the yarn stash search, my desire for Blue Moon Fiber Art's Socks That Rock yarn led me to buy many (MANY) of their colorways, in various weights...online in their shop, eBay, and now...through their RockinSockClub...where a box almost magically appears on my doorstep every 2 months, with a luscious skein of a new yarn, some goodies, and a new sock pattern. Instant, and ongoing, gratification! So...a quest for ONE skein of yarn, led to a $210 commitment to a sock club. Ha ha. Hubby doesn't quite know the extent of my fiber addiction...yet! :)
Of course, I still go to LYS for my hands-on "fiber fixes". That is a must. Joining the Blue Moon Socks That Rock club has just ensured a steady supply to meet my needs. :)

1 comment:

Robin said...

"Those socks do Rock" I am getting the obsession just looking at them- where I would like to fondle some wool now. You really need to bring the hubby up to speed with this....before it becomes too late and your working a major UFO list.

"Happy wool is good wool and should be shared"

Love your tale of wool in Sock Heaven.

JudgeJim SP10