Monday, April 16, 2007

Deja Vu Flooding...NH Style



Here we are, surrounded on top of a hill in the middle of NH, and we're flooded! Or, at least, our land is. See pic. At least this time, our basement is dry and not calf-deep. See the "brook" in the photo? We have no brook! It's water off from the housing development behind us, I think. Oh, and the driveway has a gully, the driveway gravel is at the bottom of the lawn, and the ducks are having a ball in the pond (that doesn't exist, really). However, I AM grateful to the Lord for no flooding inside, the electricity, no school today, my healthy family, and everything else. :) No griping here. My poor neighbor has water up to her knees in her cellar, and it's coming through her first floor walls. She'll be over for coffee and warm goodies later, I pray.
Sam's socks are finished, they're a plain, basic stockinette leg in his favorite colors. I finished them at 9pm last night, and he wore them to bed. I can't get his new socks off him!
On the needles now: a Spring treat of All Things Heather hand dyed "Oceania" superwash Merino in Sock Weight. I'm using size 2 dpns and still selecting my leg stitch pattern from SKS for my gauze. Probably something lacey. I love this color!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI just stopping in for a quick visit before heading off to work. My you really are having a wet weather spring! I will pray your water doesn't rise any more and for a quick dry out!

You are so fast on your socks. I keep at it but seems to take me forever to finish a pair. Now hats. Those I seem to do in a day! I do love the blue you are using and look forward to your finished pair!

Have a good day and stay dry.
Your Secret Pal 10