Thursday, February 15, 2007

Day to Shovel Out, Stay Home, and Knit

Snow Day #2 for 7 yr. old son (aka: a day to knit socks)


My Sock Plant Growing Slowly...

This is my middle child, J, who is NOT supposed to be standing on my truck to shovel. Ahem.
We received only about a foot of snow up on our little hill. It's great to have teens to shovel, snowblow, and clean off the cars. :)
My VD project...to felt this little coin purse...AND IT IS TEENY! After felting, it's approx 2 inches long and 3 inches wide. It makes my ipod nano look gigantic. I like to felt, now that I've had the fun of actually doing a small project. The Booga Bag with 3 skeins of Noro Kureyon is next. This teeny coin purse used Cascade 220 Quatro in a lime and purple (sorry, I threw away the skein wrapper). My friend and I are making up these kits for swaps and goodies.


So...this was my adventure into felting. Next, you can see the SLOW progress on my sock...I had no idea that K2P2 could take so long on size 0 dpn...but it's relaxing. I have newfound admiration for those fast sock knitters. The purple cardigan remains on hold while I tackle the socks.
Here's my youngest,enjoying chocolate chip waffles on a 2nd snow day. Happy kid, eh?

1 comment:

chappy said...

enjoyed reading your blog! love your little coin purse. is this a pattern you can share? it would be a wonderful swap gift!