Wednesday, March 28, 2007

A surprise from a Secret Pal


Thank you to my secret pal in Georgia...I think for Secret Pal 10...all I know is that the box says she's from Georgia...so I think it's for SP10!
I thank you for the lovely skeins of Kroy sock yarn in the paintbox colorway, the stretchy circular needles and a sock pattern to go with them, the Lucy Neatby sock toe chimney tips and techniques sheet...and the cutest handcrafted stitchmarkers! I'll be using them today on the second Monkey Sock. I only need one marker for this particular sock, but it's nice to look at a beautiful stitch marker than an ugly plastic one...IMHO. Oh, and the box came with....Knitting On the Road by Nancy Bush. Thank you , thank you!!!
Update on Toby, for the dog lovers: Toby is stable, walking slowly on his own without assistance, taking aspirin twice daily, eating lots of carrots and measured weight control dog food (looks nasty to me, give me carrots anytime!) We've moved his bed (a baby mattress with a nice, warm, soft quilt on it) downstairs to a sunny corner...he prefers the cold, hard tile by the door...go figure.
Last night a friend and I met at Panera's for hot chai and knitting. C is doing well on her cashmere shawl/blanket, and starting her first pair of socks...I'm so proud of her! She surprised me (shouldn't have) with a box of See's gourmet lollypops and a cute card: see picture on the blog noted at the itty bitty witty knitties.
Someone asked about my Knitty secret pal...go to knittyboard.com, and join...it's every and anything to do with knitting...one forum is for secret pals and RAK (random acts of kindness)...I've participated in a few secret pal rounds, and have enjoyed each person I've met, and spoiling them as well. SP 10 is another knitting secret pal round, not associated with the Knitty Coffeeshop (aka "knittyboard"). I have a blast gathering goodies and yarns for other knitters...besides, I always seem to get a wee bit more for my own stash, too. Sometimes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you like the first box of goodies I sent you. I hope you try the needles out on socks and tell me what you think! I hope to start with mine this weekend. I am determined to finish the set I am on first! :)

If you liked the pretty needle markers I will just have to make you more! I love digging through my bead stash as much as I do my yarn stash!

Happy Knitting!
Secret Pal 10