Friday, March 30, 2007

Favorite Yarn and Least Favorite Yarn...so far


No, this picture IS not my least favorite yarn...read further on...
I've been asked by our awesome Secret Pal 10 coordinators to blog about my yarn experiences with favorites and their nemesis...my nightmare yarn.
My nightmare yarn is this unbecoming yet nasty and splitty yarn... It is acrylic, no warmth to it when knitting, nor personality. Yikes, and it was in a toddler's dinosaur sweater pattern...a yellow with a red dinosaur on the front....about 12 years ago. Equally nasty was this...Lion's Homespun. Enough said. It's not nice to whine, so if I can't say something nice, I won't say anything at all. :)
My favorite...sigh...is it cashmere? alpaca? homespun? a wool? quivit? Nope, it's a handpainted 100% Superwash Merino yarn...by Perchance to Knit. Yes, it's lovely, and I'm making socks with them. Luscious colors, warmth, and a nice overall "isn't this lovely" feeling. It might be awhile till I actually finish them, since I have other WIPs on the dpns. Equally lovely to me...Blue Moon Fiber Arts (Socks that Rock) (in any of their weights or colorways) and Lorna's Laces.
If you take a look at my stash search list on the sidebar, you can see the yarns I really like so far, or that I'd like to try if they're in my "search" list. Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn is shown above...I received it from a sock yarn swap earlier in the year. Gotta love it!

1 comment: