Monday, February 19, 2007

Why Do I Knit SO slow?

I began this sock a week or so ago. Yes, there is a story behind it, too. This is my first sock on size 0 dpn... the only other thing I had knit on this size needle was a bookmark with crochet thread. So...I thought...how hard can a sock be with o's? Ha ha. My bifocal lenses are either too weak at times, or I'm just plain getting old. :)
I'm using the skein of Austermann Step, and saving my luscious STR yarn after my trial and error pair. Call me chicken. The K2Ps rib is easy enough, I know...but I have trouble SEEING where to place my needle. Oh, and while talking? I pull out the next row's needle instead of the empty needle. Yeah, that's me. However, I do find the size o's relaxing, or is it the feel of the wool in my hands. I can't decide...but at this rate, I'll be working on these babies till Kingdom come.
Forgetting that the USPS doesn't deliver on this holiday, I eagerly awaited my BMFA shipment and my Sweet Georgia yarn. Sigh. Tomorrow my goodies will be here.
In other news...today is my youngest son's 8th birthday. Hooray for Sam! :) He and Daddy went snowtubing with friends. I knit and baked the birthday cake.
I'll be blogging about my dear friend Justine tomorrow...she's my inspiration for knitting and spending money on yarns and craft supplies in general. It's therapy.

2 comments:

Secret Pal said...

Yay! Happy birthday Sam!!! Hope a very lovely day was had by all :)

Elspeth said...

Me too - I knit so slowly! It's really upsetting sometimes.

And I love Swap-bot!