Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Justine, The Fire Department, and Her Pics

This is Justine, a family friend...to be exact...she's a friend's 15 yr old daughter. Bright, witty, funny, and I've known her since she was in Kindergarten. Yes, the stories I have on her! And, a black belt. She also wins at tag. However, she's a teenager...a GIRL teenager...the ONLY girl teenager that I remotely even know. Quite a different species from the teenage sons that I have. :) Justine "visits" twice a week at the homeschool group...just to hang out with the old moms and to see what crazy craft we're working on next, and why we moms even BOTHER to blog, since we obviously don't
have much to say! :) Only other creative people would understand these knitty blogs. Enough said.
So, this post is in honor of Justine...my inspiration to blog...BECAUSE ONE DAY SHE'LL BE JUST LIKE HER MOM...GRANDMOM...ETC...SHE'LL BE WEARING LOUD BLUE AND PURPLE LIKE ME (MRS. W TO HER). :) Ha ha...I can't wait! Enjoy life Justine...the best is yet to come!


Justine and the local fire department crew at her home...saving their house from a flu fire.

OK, now that I've embarassed my friend, Justine...back to the knitty world. Tonight I went to C's house (Justine's mother and my good friend)...we knit...wound knotted eyelash yarn, knitted coin purses for felting, worked on socks, watched CSI and Glenn Beck...oh, and had the most wonderful homemade apple crisp with vanilla ice cream. A true girl's evening. Oh, and I learned that a lamp/lampshade makes a wonderful swift. I never knew that before. Justine is going to join us yet!


No comments: