Saturday, February 24, 2007

Sweet Georgia is HERE!


Yes, this is my new skein of Sweet Georgia in the Orchid colorway. Pretty, and soft as butter! My kids are STILL shaking their heads as I look for good lighting in the house to photograph the colors. :) Silly kids! I've already sent the Viola SGY to Stariel, my swap-bot sock yarn pal.
Time to banter on about knitting...I'm enjoying the heel turn knitting process on my sock...why didn't I "get it" before? It's easy now. I find knitting more mentally stimulating than crosswords, puzzles, and other such cranial exercises...and yet, it's calming and mind-clearing as well. Millions of knitters can't be wrong, huh? Also, it's cheaper than therapy and such. I also use knitting time to pray for my family, church family, and those whom the Lord puts on my heart at the time.
Now, don't get me wrong...when I spent an hour frogging a mistake and fixing it, it can be exasperating, but at the same time, the "eureka!" factor of correcting it and seeing the results is worth the effort! Usually.
P.S. The son heading to NU in the Fall is mortified that I posted the previous pic of him, and even mentioned his college plans. I can't help it...I'm delighted about his choice in NU and what path he's chosen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your comment on my humble just started knitting blog! Hope you will return sometime in the future :)
I like your blog very much; it's just so inspiring to read experienced knitter's blogs!
Sweet Georgia looks SWEET!!