Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Secret Pal 12 Question #2




In many parts of the US and abroad, school's out. Take a walk down memory lane for Week Two's question: As a kid, what did you look forward to most about summer vacation/break/holiday?

Memories! I grew up on a small dairy farm, where we also had a farm stand with corn, cukes, strawberries, and such. I loved, loved, loved working at the stand and seeing the "city folks" come by and take home the best fresh veggies around! I fondly recall the whole farm atmosphere, and helping my grandfather with the chores. When I was younger, it was the little things I remember...catching the lightning bugs, swimming at the lake, summer camp, homemade ice cream, sleepovers at friends, and such. No TV was blaring (yes, we had one, but who wanted to turn it on with so much else going on?) and such. I wish my own children had that kind of summer, although we do spend time at my parent's lake house here in the Sunapee region of NH. I'm sure there were rough spots, but oddly, they don't stand out in my mind. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to had your summers and I wish my own would have been as fortunate. Have a great day!