Monday, June 23, 2008

Knitting Startitis coupled with Attention Deficit!


The rambling continues...I am having BIG TIME startitis (meaning I start, then have too many projects "in progress" for me to count).

Have I cast on anything on my current wish list? The Voyager Stole? Central Park Hoodie? Celtic Knot Stole? etc... Nope. I cast on the Lace Hem Topping last week, and this past weekend, I've knit approx 6 inches of the front panel.

We were at the lake house for 2 days, and I brought 3 projects, but with parents, siblings, tons of nephews and 1 niece, I didn't get much knitting time. Lots of good food, shopping, taking a fish hook out of son's finger, bullfrog catching, mosquitoes, filet mignon and corn on the cob, but not much knitting time. I tried, really I did. To knit, that is. :)

While meandering in the nearby town, we found a new yarn shop, Essential Knits in Grantham, NH. It's beautiful, spacious, and new yarns that differ from other area shops, which I'm thankful for. I picked up a cardigan's worth of Italian Hempwol, a 35% hemp/65% worsted weight blend for a Rhinebeck cardigan (by Lisa Lloyd) in a gold colorway, and a beanie's worth of allhemp for a skater beanie for my teenager. I'll definitely return there for the inspiration and the various fibers that they offer.

No comments: