Thursday, June 21, 2007

Spring Felted Bag Exchange is Here!


Mailcall! In my Spring Felted Bag Exchange box, I found this, along with 2 felted bag patterns that I can't wait to try!
First, is the Ballband Bag Pattern by Monica...knit for me by my wonderful Spring Felted Bag Echange partner, Judy. This bag is beautiful! Judy used Cascade 220 in Chocolate Brown (color 8686) for the main color, and Noro Kureyon Color 139 for the secondary color. It's just gorgeous!



Ballband Bag Felted Bag Pattern By Monica (worksforyarn.blogspot.com)



Materials
1 ball Cascade 220 ( I used black) (A)
1 ball Diakeito Rococo ( I used color 104) (B)
10 1/2 circ. needle 16"
Pre felted my bag was about 9" wide and 14" tall, post felting it is 8" square


CO 39 stitches with (A) and knit 13 rows in garter stitch, place a marker(pm) and pick
up 6 st along the short side, pm, pick 39 st on cast on edge, pm, pick up 6 st along side, place beginning of round marker.
Knit 4 rounds
begin pattern:
Rnds 1&2 Knit
Rounds 3-6 with (B) K4, SL1, *(K5, SL1) to 4 stitches before first marker, K4, SL marker SL1 , K4, SL1, sl marker* repeat from * to *
Rnds 7 & 8 Knit with (A)
Rnds 9 - 12 with (B) K1, Sl1, * (K5, Sl1) to 1 st before marker, K1, sl marker SL1, K4, SL1, sl marker* repeat from * to *
repeat these 12 rounds for desired length ( I did 6 pattern repeats)
Knit 6 rounds in (A)
end with an attatched I cord bind off, marking center on one long side for an i cord button loop and marking the 6 side st for a 6 st I cord strap to pick up after bind off is finished. ( I am applying purchased straps to mine.
The button loop is a 3 st I cord 4 " long , pick up 3 st along the center on the inside of the bag and knit 4" I cord and graft to the inside of the bag.
Felt , shape let it dry and enjoy your bag.


Also, Judy sent me her directions for her pattern, available on her website, the Walden Knits Noro Ruffled Felted Bag, seen here.


I also received 2 skeins of yarn to create a Ballband Bag for myself (!), a nice "K" sticky note pad, and some almond toffee crunch, along with some beautiful handmade stitch markers. Thank you, Judy!

2 comments:

km said...

That's such a fun bag. I love the stained glass effect of the noro. KM

SissySees said...

Beautiful bags! Thanks for sharing the links/patterns.