Saturday, April 28, 2007

Thank You, Mrs. Munch! :)





















Oh my...another secret pal package arrived yesterday...from Marina in Ireland! I really enjoy the privilege of writing via email to her...she's a wonderful knitting mom that I have had the opportunity to get to know via the knittyboard.com mellow swap for new knitty members. I TRIED to wait to open my parcel until the evening...but I couldn't do it! :)
Marina had sewn for me a beautiful satin/brocade sock bag, that I will put to use very shortly, and included a lovely handmade knitting card, tulip notecards (my favorite flower), a keychain sockblocker kit, a puppy tin of the most lovely stitch markers, a stitch row counter, beads to make more markers, and some fimo needle protectors in cute shapes. The whole package smelled of roses, from a small bar of rose-scented L'Occitaine soap. The yarn...where do I start? TWO balls of Felis to felt with, a skein of Regia Sockenwolle in "Surprise Color", and...my favorite...a hand-dyed skein of a beautiful superwash sock yarn from www.fyberspates.co.uk, crafted in Wales. It's a beautiful spring colorway, and I love it. My favorite part was the 3 page handwritten note from Marina...it's been my privilege to have her as my secret pal for this swap, and I hope to keep in touch with her.
On the homefront: Updates: Annie the 11 week old Schnoodle puppy is doing fine, and on medication for her protozoan infection. Good handwashing skills are in use here! I miss Hannah, but Annie is filling the void AND keeps me extremely busy. The saga of the extracted tooth continues...all is fine at the moment, and I see the Oral Surgeon again on Monday. Sock knitting has been minimal this week, due to the crazy week, puppy vet visits, and Vicodin/tooth..but it's back on track now!
Sockapalooza 4, Knitters Coffee Exchange, a Spring Felted Bag Swap, and other swaps begin soon....all fun! I REALLY enjoy finding goodies to send to others. I must confess, though...I purchased a box of the yummy Nonni's chocolate biscotti for a secret pal, and then a second box for myself...so delicious with my morning coffee.
If anyone is interested in joining a knitted sock kit swap, go here. This swap begins May 14th, and you send a handcrafted sock bag, yarn to knit socks, and some goodies to your pal by June 3oth. It will be fun!
Enjoy this Saturday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I definitely like the one for me one for you idea when it comes to shopping for secret pals! I've been doing a bit of that myself! ;)

Klozter said...

Kris, I'm so glad to see you were on the receiving end of a wonderful swap partner too. Wonderful goodies, can't wait to see what you do with the Fyberspates!

Rebecca said...

What cute little needle protectors. It is always fun to see what niffty knitting items are available OUTSIDE the US! That box swap looks like fun..hmmm...I'm going think about it over the next couple days.