Thursday, April 26, 2007

For Knitters Only...Knitting Goody Box Arrived from SP10!


OK...this is "eye candy" for Knitters only...I apologize to all others. :) Actually, only knitters (and my sister) should be reading this! :)
I returned home from CT with a painful dry socket where tooth was extracted...headed directly to oral surgeon, went home to unpack car before church last night...saw 3 boxes for me in a pile in the kitchen...and I actually waited until 9 pm last night to open the boxes.
Oh Goodness! :) This box is from my Secret Pal 10 Pal...somewhere in Georgia. :) I opened the following goodies. First, a sweet letter on ladybug notepaper from my pal...it made my day. :)
Next: a handmade roll-up needle holder from Kaffe Fassett's "Potentilla" fabric...I love the bold colors! AND the extra piece of this print was sent to me so I can quilt with it! Kaffe Fassett's fabrics make my heart sing...
On the needle holder is a beautiful beaded angel keyring/stitch marker holder...and 4 SETS of handcrafted beaded stitch markers in beautiful jewel tones. To put IN the needleholder are 2 pairs of rosewood size 0 dpns!...in 5" and 8" lengths. I think I needed to catch my breath at this point! I also have 2 new books by Maggie Sefton...knitting mysteries in a series that I've been told about... Knit One, Kill One and Needled to Death.


















I also received a taffeta bag with a Leaf Pattern Bath Mitt Kit from KnitOneCrochet Two in the "Italian Ice" colorway from K1C2's Gourmet Collection yarn. Yumm-O. This is a Mother's Day gift...I'm looking forward to knitting it up!

The best part of the whole evening was watching my dear hubby's face as I oohed and aaahed over all the goodies...he's a dear, but clueless in the area of crafts and knitting. He was puzzled when I began taking photos of everything..I told him he wouldn't understand the mind of a knitaholic, but he tries...Gotta love him!
He saw a small woven basket of a wee bit of my sock yarn stash and said..."Hey, we can call this place "Skeins-R-Us"...poor guy, he doesn't even realize that the basket he was referring to was just the tip of the iceberg. :)
I also received a lovely order from Woolgirl...which I'll have to post about later. I ordered a skein of yarn for a Secret Pal, a Monkey tape measure, and a cute dog pin...everything arrived all packaged and tied in ribbon, with a cute handwritten card! I think I'll order again, just because the packaging made me feel so special! Order from Jen and see for yourself!
My parting photos are from the Beardsley Zoo in Bridgeport, CT..where my little guy and I went Tuesday afternoon while in CT. The river otters were hilarious and posed for me. Sam posed on the lions in front of the greenhouses to show how we felt after a day at the zoo.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a great SP package! I hope you are feeling better! I hope you can still drink plenty o'coffee with that dry socket!
-Your coffee swap pal

NH Knitting Mama said...

Great swag, I'm jealous!

Christine said...

Wow, you sure got spoiled (but you deserve it!) The markers are beautiful and I love the needle case. I hope we can get together soon for a little chai and knitting :)

km said...

A coffee swap, hmmmm...I'll have to get in on the next round of that one. I came over to say hi from the felted bag exchange...and realized that I'd seen you before. I'm homeschooling starting this fall...and so I surfed the unsocialized knitters ring. Glad to meet you in the swap. Kristen

DaCraftyLady said...

Oh I have read teh 1st Maggie Sefton book and I love it.. I am now starting on book two... You will like them...Crochetoholic Debb