Friday, March 16, 2007

A Bunch of New Sock Yarn Arrived!!! Wahoo!!!


Oh my...I have received the most wonderful April Fool's package from Elaine in Mass. I am truly amazed and spoiled by her!

I want to share with you what I received...and it was NOT ugly yarn, at least not to me! I LOVE THESE COLORS!!!
OK: I received 2 skeins of Lorna's Laces in Purple Iris, with a Purple Iris sock pattern, 2 skeins of Sockotta in purple/blue and pink/yellow colorways,4 small body lotions, cute stitch markers for sock needle sizes, Sock It To Me! Issue #2, Size 1&2 wooden Surina dpns, 2 skeins of Regia bamboo yarn (it's my favorite and I've been lusting after this exact yarn!!!!), a skein of wild Trekking XXL (again, I love the color), 2 bags of Dove chocolates (yumm-o) a KIPer tool bag, a SockItToMe Converter Guide (I've wanted one of these!), a small notebook journal with a matching pen...AND 2 skeins of hand-dyed yarn in a mint green and a multicolor. Wow! My family isn't "into" yarn, so I called a knitty friend in California to help me ooh and ahhh over the goodies!
Thank you Elaine!!! YOU are an awesome knitty person! YOUR box is also filled and ready to be sent out tomorrow! I hope you like it!!!
P.S. Yes, the snow is coming down...fast. We're in for the night. Knitting time...like I said, time for Tollhouse Choc. Chip cookies and a cup of hot coffee. Antibiotics have kicked in, and I feel fine. :)
P.S.S. I read a wonderful knitting blog...would you look at her Monkey Socks!!! Beautiful...and also the rest of her knitting is just as nice.

1 comment:

Margie said...

WOW! That's no April Fool Joke! I've never seen such a great swap package. Elaine was very generous. I will have to up the ante on my package. You must be Irish.