Saturday, March 17, 2007

4 broken dpns in 12 hours...How did it happen?



Look closely at this sock...just an average sock...as I'm working on the toe at 5 am on this lovely snowy/sleety morning. The hubby and kiddos are asleep, and I'm in the living room in my comfy chair, with my quilt, a cup of coffee, my sock knitting, and I'm watching The Pink Panther.


Let's start with last night. Sam was in our bed watching Scooby Doo, and he rolled over a dpn that I had on my lap...it broke, it's not his fault. Now to this morning...I'm knitting along, excited about finishing up this sock, and snap! I broke another dpn, ROSEWOOD size O...OK, blame it on my excitement? I'm not stressed, and didn't take the Vicodin this am for the abscessed tooth, so it wasn't a pharmaceutical reason. Snap again...and AGAIN!!! I broke 3...yes, 3 rosewood dpns within a 2 hour span. Sigh. I love these needles, and I can't figure out what I did wrong, but I'll rethink getting rosewood again, since I've done this. You read it here...within a 12 hour span I broke 4 dpns...a first for me.
And here's the sleet/snow outside...about a foot...the front door has a drift in front of it that is covered in ice, so I'm unable to open it. The kiddos will have a ball shoveling later.

1 comment:

The Imperfect Knitter said...

wooden and bamboo are lovely to knit with , but don't have the staying power of metal do they ?
I thought that it was cold here until I took a look at your photos , I have stopped shivering now , happy knitting, from a fellow monkey swap sock knitter.