Thursday, February 8, 2007

Thursdays Ramblings...

What a day! Packed full, and I'm glad tomorrow is Friday. Our homeschool high school drama group is producing the play "I Remember Mama" in May, and I'm involved with the prop crew.
A great group of kids, and my eldest plays Papa. I gave the prop crew mini M&M's to keep them energized! After rushing to mail a Knitty VD swap package, I ran home to make a chicken/tortellini with spinach soup, and I was able to sneak out (with hubby's blessing) with a friend to head to an awesome knit shop..."Ewe'll Love It" in Nashua, NH. What a place. I felt every skein that I could. My brain is in "yarn overload", but I'll be back there Sat. morning, with my list in hand! I really liked the Colinette "Jitterbug" sock yarn, and their selection of patterns, books, and the general layout of the store...it's huge. I'm also thinking of trying a pattern out of Victorian Lace Today, but not until I get this cardigan and a pair of socks done.
The highlight of the trip to the LYS was good fellowship time with my friend, a hot cup of DD coffee, and a chocolate dipped pretzel.
OH...BY THE WAY...The Lantern Moon small project bags are wonderful! So soft, beautiful but simple, and perfect for sock knitting. I know, because C surprised me with one in a beautiful sheen of purple.
I've been knitting a cute little bookmark out of #10 Cherry Red crochet thread from an easy pattern from Juli's Jots, on size 0 needles. What a nice way to break in these new rosewood DPNs. I'm blocking it tonight, then sewing on a few flat decorative buttons. My eyes are not used to small needles, but I'd better get used to them for the next socks.

1 comment:

Secret Pal said...

You know I just KNEW you would love Jitterbug - back to the drawing board...!