Saturday, January 27, 2007

A lonely bit of yarn...


Above is my lonely ball of leftover Noro from my sweater...the yarn is wistfully looking out the window, awaiting a REAL winter here in New England. Back to the blog...
...Well, that wasn't too hard. Trip to LYS (The AWESOME Elegant Ewe) proved to be successful...if not a wee bit TOO successful! Not only did I find a skein of my Noro Big Kureyon to finish my Yarn Girls sweater, I also thought I'd pick up an extra skein of for a back scoop cardigan that knits up awesome on size US15 needles.
For Christmas, hubby took me to the LYS, sat in the car and read the paper while I "shopped", then came into the store to purchase the $233 treasure trove of yarn, goodies, and an awesome fused glass shawl closure for my cardigan...oh yeah, that's how I got on the "rabbit trail" of the Christmas trip to the LYS. In fact, the wrapped Christmas goodies were a blessing on Christmas morning, because I made a point not to look at the goodies once bought, so I'd be surprised on Christmas morn! I have short term memory already, and I'm only 43. Yeesh...
What did I get today? Besides the two skeins of yarn...the winter Interweave Knits magazine to drool over, and a birthday present for a good friend...she's never made socks yet, can you believe it!!!! I'm determined to have her as obsessed as I am with sock knitting.
Christine (said friend) made as a surprise gift for me these BEAUTIFUL stitch markers. Of course, now I need to hike over to her house to learn how to make some for my secret pal in a swap. Take a look at these stitch marker beauties.
Oh, and I gave in and joined the Sweet Sheep Socks Club...
Happy Knitting to you...

No comments: