Saturday, January 27, 2007

Hmmm...My First Big Oops with Buying Yarn, Etc...


Well, a kitty and I are up blog-reading early this morning, after making sure that the eldest teen was awake and off to work at 5 am...and, instead of heading back to the warm bed (in -4 degree weather)...
I decided to take the time to get up, wrap up and take the warm computer to the living room to blog in solitude...yes, it's my favorite time of day, after my time with the Lord and Bible reading when I first awake.
Anyway, I'm JUST about finished with my sweater in the Noro Big Kureyon...a super simple funnel neck sweater, to satisfy the "gotta get it finished" frenzy. Alas, as I see the end in sight...just a few more rows to finish the second sleeve's shoulder...I ran out of yarn. Yessireee...
and to think, I used to comment..."Gee, how can ANYONE run out of yarn? They must not plan well...I'll NEVER do that". Yeah, right...
So, after a breakfast at church this morning with the older folks (no, I'm not "older" yet, but hubby is)...it's off to my favorite LYS for more yarn. Hopefully they have the same dye lot, etc...but if not, I'll still finish this sweater...it's the principle.
Now, do you think I'll come out of the LYS with ONLY one skein of yarn? Not likely. Hmmm...must get more sock yarn (although I've only finished 2 pairs so far...it's a NEW obsession for me)...I need some things to send to my Mellow Rutabaga Secret Pal at Knittyboard.com, and a birthday gift (yarn, of course) for Christine, who's birthday is Tuesday.
Oh, by the way...I'm STILL waiting for the UPS man to bring me my yarn and swift...
and I've ordered some sock yarn from bluemoonfiberarts.com, ...for me and my secret pal...Yummy yarn, in the shaded solid colors of Beryl and Lovers Leap (see link). Take a look at these yarns and their colors. "Sweet", as one of my teens would say. Sweet, indeed.
Carry on...Knit away...

No comments: