Wednesday, January 31, 2007

"My Purple Thing" or My WIP


This mound of Araucania Yarn ("Pehuen") is actually a beautiful 100% Cotton hand dyed yarn from Chile. Lots of texture and color variance. I'll have to get the light right on a skein cake to do this yarn any justice. What am I knitting? It's a lacey back scoop cardigan with picot edging, to go over a simple solid T or blouse... and I have a fused glass shawl pin to go with it. I'll post when finished. This thing is actually all knit in one piece on size 15 needles. Fast and fun. I can't talk and count simple CO or BO at the same time, though.
I'm sending my secret pal from the Knittyboard Rutabaga swap some goodies....some STR yarn, some chocolates, some Koigu, some other yummies, some reading, etc...some markers....I'll post a pic of the box when it ships...I want it to stay a secret until my pal receives her goodies!

No comments: