Thursday, July 24, 2008

Rain, Rain, Go Away...

Time for an update in my corner of the world. No photos. At the moment. I put my photos on my downstairs computer, but use the laptop upstairs in bed, after sending hubby off to work at 5 am. It's the nicest time of the day. :)
Updates (no particular order)

  • I HAVEN"T seamed my Lace Hem Topping shell. Why? Procrastination, and the fact that I haven't seamed a garment before, except for a swatch during a finishing class at LYS awhile ago. I'm a chicken.
  • Still plugging along on the Central Air sock #2. I must be stressed, because my heel flap is REAL tight.
  • I've got startitis for some round lace wash cloths. DishandWashClothMania is an enabler site...as well as all the Dishcloth and Cloth forum groups on Ravelry.
  • This is our last week that Mayeul, our 16 yr old French exchange student is with us. I'm already sad, as he's a delight to have in our home. He doesn't leave till Monday, but I'm already grieving his departure. :)
  • On the other hand...tonight I speak before our town's school board to see if they allow an exception to the number of foreign exchange student in the high school, and allow Rene from Greenland (yes, Greenland) to stay the year with us. It's all in God's hands and timing if He wants us to host Rene this year.
  • Our geriatric chicken, Sonja, has decided that red OR green tomatoes taste delicious, and I'm at war with her. :) The garden tomatoes are MINE!
  • VBS aka Day Camp begins next week. I'm a craft person along with a fabulously talented, sweet and godly woman named Jen. I'm looking forward to spending time with the kids. It's a 9-4 camp for the kids; for me...leave the house at 7:30 am, get home around 5 pm. Not my usual schedule!
  • Summer is going by WAY too quickly. I have so many "to do" projects and such.
  • I've typed up a "Count Your Blessings sheet for the ladies in my Monday night Ladies Encouragement group at church...a blank sheet with a list of 100 spaces to fill. Do you know this song? It was the idea behind this particular devotion topic that I'll share in a few weeks with the group.

COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS

Count your blessings
Name them one by one
Count your blessings
See what God has done
Count your blessings
Name them one by one
Count your many blessings
See what God has done

When upon life's billows
You are tempest tossed
When you are discouraged
Thinking all is lost
Count your many blessings
Name them one by one
And it will surprise you
What the Lord has done

Count your blessings
Name them one by one
Count your blessings
See what God has done
Count your blessings
Name them one by one
Count your many blessings
See what God has done

Are you ever burdened
With a load of care
Does the cross seem heavy
You are called to bear
Count your many blessings
Every doubt will fly
And you will be singing
As the days go by

Count your blessings
Name them one by one
Count your blessings
See what God has done
Count your blessings
Name them one by one
Count your many blessings
See what God has done

When you look at others
With their lands and gold
Think that Christ has promised
You His wealth untold
Count your many blessings
Money cannot buy
Your reward in heaven
Nor your home on high

Count your blessings
Name them one by one
Count your blessings
See what God has done
Count your blessings
Name them one by one
Count your many blessings
See what God has done

So, amid the conflict
Whether great or small
Do not be discouraged
God is over all
Count your many blessings
Angels will attend
Help and comfort give you
To your journey's end

Count your blessings
Name them one by one
Count your blessings
See what God has done
Count your blessings
Name them one by one
Count your many blessings
See what God has done

- Words by Johnson Oatman, 1897

1 comment:

km said...

I'll remember to pray for you next week. I'm tired and it's day #4 for me. I have to have my 3 little ones at church by 8am to receive the Kindergarteners. I'm there until 12:30...and I go home ready for REST. Hope you have a great week.

I LOVE THAT SONG.