Monday, July 7, 2008

Knitting Tidbits, Long Weekend, and Fresh Corn on the Cob

Happy Belated Fourth of July! I spent the long weekend at Lake Kolelemook at the lake house here in New Hampshire, which is close to Lake Sunapee. What glorious weather we had! Friends, food, fishing (for the kids) and plenty of knitting time.

OH, and here's a photo of Sonja, the "guard chicken" who tries to keep the chipmunks away from "her" birdfeeder. Too funny. :) And, I have 10 tomato plants with nice fruit just growing and hopefully will be harvested when ripe, and before the "woodland creatures" find them!





















One of the highlights at the lake:

Watching a mom and dad horned pout guarding their nest of fry (can you see them?)
















Another highlight: 9 yo catching bullfrogs and sunnies.

Knitting news:



I'm still plugging along on my Lace Hem Topping



New Bag Alert: Namaste Laguna in Peacock arrived from The Loopy Ewe!

I also became a Loopy in the Loopy Groupies with my latest purchase. I received as a surprise the following: a Loopy Ewe Red Project Tote, a skein of J.Knits sock yarn, & a Loopy Ewe keychain.

A Knitter's Holiday Swap box from SaucyMinx of Ravelry arrived! July is Ice Cream Month! I received: gorgeous hand-dyed lace weight yarn (interpretation of Ben and Jerry's Chubby Hubby flavor), equally gorgeous sock yarn in a beautiful dark cherry colorway (Cherry Garcia flavor), Trader Joe's Vanilla Wafers with Madagascar vanilla beans (Vanilla flavored ice cream with real vanilla bean specks). I also received 2 milk chocolate Dove bars, and a Dunkin Donuts coffee gift card. My pal hit the nail on the head with this wonderful swap box and her interpretations of my 3 favorite ice cream flavors was ingenious! Thank you, SaucyMinx!!!!

1 comment:

Kim said...

I don't know that the Laguna is 'right' for me, but I LOVE it. Yours is fabulous in Peacock and I'd really like to see one in person.