Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Farewell Tobywankanobi aka Toby the Big Pup


Today Toby, the kids and I took a trip to the Veterinarian's office. It was a one way trip for Toby, the 13 yr old Shepherd mix, who has battled degenerative hips and fought the good battle, but he was unable to be mobile and in quite a bit of pain for the past few months although he always had a cheery disposition in spite of it all. So, after a good, long cry on the trip home afterwards, I'm going to knit and think of good memories.

7 comments:

lauriec said...

A friend of mine once told me that when pets die it's because they're needed in heaven for children up there.

I like to think that's how it is.

{{{HUGS}}} for you!

Katie O said...

My condolences about Toby. Having just gone through it, I understand how you feel. Keep you head up and keep reminicing about the good memories... that keeps their happy memories alive... :) HUGS you way!

jetgirl1313
aka. Katie O

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry, we still miss Mary (our 14 year old that died in April). I like the thought that they are needed in heaven.
Blessings

Robin said...

I'm so sorry to hear that. My cats are 15 years old and I know it will be a very sad day when they have to leave us. Hugs to you and your family!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about Toby. Our last dog left us on New Year's Eve 2 years ago and we still miss her, talking about her frequently. I like the idea, too, about dogs being needed in Heaven...we know they're going to be waiting for us! ...but it still makes us sad:(

Anonymous said...

I"m so sorry for your loss. We lost our 10 year old pup back in October and still miss her terribly... our nearly 14 year old seems to be degrading (in the hip area) significantly... and I fear another loss is on the horizon... at least Toby has now joined our Chewy over the rainbow bridge where they can run and play free of pain! Hugs to you all!

Dawn ;) said...

I'm so sorry for your loss and I can totally relate. Here's to good memories and lots of knitting. ;)