Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Knitting in Bed

Do you? Do YOU knit in bed? Do you find it more "fun" than other night time activities? Now, don't think off-color here...I'm talking about reading, TV, etc. :)
I find that I have to have my "knitting fix" at night... when the kiddos are all tucked in, hubby is either watching the evening news/weather or FoxNews, and I'm...tucked in bed, trying to get in a few rows of knitting before counting sheep. However, I find myself frequently knitting in some sort of "twilight sleep", and often unconsciously! Often, I surprise myself in the morning by viewing an intricate pattern that I actually don't remember knitting by my bed, OR the opposite is true...I can't imagine WHAT pattern I was thinking I was following, and have to frog all the rows in the morning. Sigh. :)

7 comments:

LizzieK8 said...

I don't knit "in" bed, but I do knit "before" bed. My general evening is to clean up the kitchen, go up to my room and watch TV, a movie, or listen to a book. While going to sleep I listen to about 45 words of an audio book!

And I have some basically brainless knitting to do at night cuz I hate frogging.

Dawn ;) said...

hello ~ been a long time but I do keep up w/your blog. ;D I've recently started knitting in bed due to be ill and so far so good ~ no need rip out anything but I've lose a stitch or two. ;D

have a great one!

Dawn ;) said...

ok that last comment was bit off ~ well I need to go back to bed and rest so that I make sense tomorrow. heehee

Dorothy said...

I knit a few rows before turning out the light a couple times a week. Usually, I'm trying to reach some arbitrary goal I've set for myself that day.

I often knit in my dreams. Last night, after watching "Bourne Ultimatum", the CIA was after my knitting. :)

Barbra said...

Never thought to knit in bed...hmmm...gonna try it!

Anonymous said...

I knit in bed or cros stitch. I can't scrapbook in bed but if I could I'd be living my dream!!

You have an awesome blog :)

Joan said...

I couldn't possibly knit in bed bc I'd end up with a huge Golden Retriever on top of me. ;-}

PS..I am the new admin on New England Knits webring and cleaning house so all the blogs can finally be circled. Give it a try!