Monday, February 4, 2008

2-At-A-Time Socks


Here is my very first attempt at socks on circulars. Thanks to Melissa Morgan-Oakes' book, 2-At-A-Time socks. Woo Hoo! The above socks are "sample socks", which are made out of Plymouth wool/ stash yarn in colors that I'm um....tired of looking at, but the worsted weight was needed for these toddler sized socks for the sample per instructions. I'm past the heels, so the rest is easy-peasy. Try it!!! This WORKS!
(I'll have to find a girl toddler to give these socks to. I'm surrounded by boys.) :)
To learn Melissa's technique, 60 yrs. each of 2 colors of worsted weight yarn, a marker, and a 40 inch US4 circular needle are needed. I followed the steps blindly...and voila!!!! Two socks at one time on one circular. Thank you, Melissa!!!!!

No comments: