Thursday, September 20, 2007

An Overdue Blog Update....Sorry, I'm Behind in Posting!

OK, Are you ready? Big long post ahead...a lot of to show you!...

C*Eye*Ber Fiber goodness from my KVVS pal, Tammy! Beautiful, just beautiful colorway!
Here are the Vulcan Ears that Tammy sent from Vulvan, Alberta, Canada..."Just a speck
(I mean SPOCK) on the map."




Greeting from the world's biggest procrastinator...yes...me. :) It's one of my weaknesses, unfortunately. I'm working on it, really.
OK...we're back from vacation. And I have some WONDERFUL swap pals to thank! On this lovely Autumn day (OK, today is actually the second to last day of Summer)...I took photos of the Knitting goodies I received.

First, a big thank you to Tammy
in the Knitters Virtual Vacation Swap...
for this lovely package from Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada!
What a package! Many travel brochures for me to peruse over, Cuppers coffee from Tammy's favorite local coffee shop, a brown leather bag made locally from an elderly aboriginal woman who donates volunteer time at Fort Whoop Up., Japanese goodies from the Gardens in Lethbridge (which Tammy tells me is home to many different cultures), Ammolite earrings, dug right out of the ground in Lethbridge, Canadian playing cards, chocolate (already devoured), many local gifts which include: a huge handcrafted wooden pencil, planner book, Japanese bookmark, origami ornament, a scented candle, stitch holders, and many other gifts...I was blown away by her generosity...and although I've never been to Canada (except to go to the border and turn around many years ago when lost), I actually feel like I've been there! So, I guess I need to go and see Alberta!



Next, but just as important...
another huge thank you to my SP11 Pal...who is...I don't know...she (or he) is a secret! But she is from California...this I know. Why? Let's see...

I received a lovely Hershey Postcard, Hershey chocolate scented candle, Hershey lip gloss, some lovely scented soap, a magnet, and 2 skeins of sock Cascade sock yarn in Autumn colors. I am now going to open the lip gloss and enjoy. Yum! (No, I won't eat it). :) Thanks, SP pal!



OK, next...but certainly not least, I thank my terrific Football-along Swap pal, Kim!
Now...what a Football Package! Kim sent me plates, cups, party bags and treats for my whole family...no dish washing for me next Sunday night! Also, sent me 2 skeins of Claudia's Handpainted Yarn in a great orange colorway (Go Dolphins!), and some handcrafted fingerless gloves...a pair each in blue and orange. What an awesome gift, especially for those of us who are already chilly this Fall! She also sent 2 extra skeins of the blue colorway so I could knit another pair. Thank you! (P.S. The Twizzlers were scarfed down on Monday Night!) Hmm...along with the goodies, I noticed a lot of red and black Georgia Bulldogs stuff...that must be Kim's team. :)


No comments: