Friday, September 21, 2007

New Yarn to Try...and Frogging Completed...



Yes, I did it. I bought myself a skein of Windy Valley Muskox Qiviut. Yessiree. See here. So soft.
The pattern for this Feather Lace Scarf came with it.
OH MY...I can't wait to cast on and see what all the hub-bub of qiviut is all about. Of course, after reading Arctic Lace from front to back cover, I'm hooked already! Also there's Arctic Diamonds from Interweave Winter 2006 here, to start with, if you need convincing to trace these truly gorgeous patterns by Donna Druchunas.

On the other side of knitting, I "tinked" my Forest Canopy Shawl...don't cry though, I tell myself...because I'm re-casting on today with another size needle...I didn't care for my gauge on size 6 US needles, so I'm going up to a 7 with my Knit Picks Options (I'm a loose knitter...8's didn't work for me)...and I'm using Great Adirondacks Silky Socks in the Eggplant colorway. Photos...will follow!

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

The yarn looks so cuddly soft!