Friday, September 14, 2007

Is My Vacation REALLY over...Already?



OK...I've been home for 6 days now...and I haven't "synched" back to real life yet! How long does it take?
Our vacation to Kill Devil Hills in the Outer Banks/NC was wonderful. My hubby, 8 yr old son, and I traveled down in our Suburban, and I knit ALL the way...all 13 hours...with an over the I-Sight over-ear book light (looks like a bluetooth, but with a tiny light)....in the car, I knit a pair of socks for my niece (Koigu...in a hot pink, picked by the recipient of the socks...she's 10) , a sock for my son (Cherry Tree Hill sapphire , chosen by my son), and half of my Branching Out scarf in Elsebeth Lavold's Silky Wool.

Beaches and most tourists seemed to clear out by Labor Day, and the weather was....perfect.
Our cottage had no major problems, and seems to be withstanding the winds of time well. OK...here's what was SO perfect...
Waking up...when I woke up....drinking DD coffee on the porch, basking in the sunlight early in the morning, reading my Bible and praying, then knitting until others awoke, and we went to the beach...every day. DPNs are very easy to misplace in the sand. I know. Ever rake a grid around your beach chair, looking for a size 0 dpn in the sand? not fun. And, sea spray makes bamboo needles...well...sticky. However, I knit...a lot...
Back home I am. Eldest son joined theVT National Guard while in his third week at Norwich University. He's in the Cavalry Company. Hmmm. News to me. He seems to enjoy NU's cadet program as a Rook...so far. He's carrying the flag in first photo, and on the right in second photo.



Now that I have new batteries for my camera, I'll be taking photos of my Branching Out scarf, and the 3 pairs of socks that I knit on vacation. Soon... :)

No comments: