Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Christmas Around The World Questionnaire



  1. Are you religious? I wouldn't use the word "religious"because it's not about religion for me...it's my daily life; and I am a born-again Christian and very active in my church.
  2. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider yourself a Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced? I'm an intermediate knitter,I've been knitting since a teenager, but I've been knitting A LOT in the past year. It's cheaper than therapy! :)
  3. Do you have any other hobbies besides knitting? Not really. Well, baking, reading, and I homeschool my sons. I quilt, but my quilting has been nil since I took up knitting again. :)
  4. Favorite color(s)? Most! Reds, greens, most colors make me happy, except pastels and neons. I love jewel-tones as well. I also love brown and pink together. :)
  5. Do you collect anything? Yarn (of course)...not much else. Shawl closures and unusual buttons for felted bags, too.
  6. Are you allergic to any fibers or animals? No.
  7. Do you have any pets? 2 dogs, 2 cats, a guinea pig, a chicken, and 5 cockatiels.
  8. Coffee, Tea, or Hot Chocolate? All.
  9. Cookies or Sweets? Both! :)
  10. Do you knit socks? Of course!
  11. If not socks then what? (tell us about your favorite knits) Socks and laceweight projects...shawls and scarves. I'm starting a pattern from Arctic Lace this week.
  12. Do you put up a Christmas tree? Yes, right after Thanksgiving if it's artificial (the years when we're out of town for the holidays, or if kids or puppies are very young), otherwise it's approx 2 weeks before Christmas for a real tree...and we enjoy cutting down our own tree, if time permits. :)
  13. Favorite holiday treats? Home-baked cookies, eggnog...definitely home made anything!
  14. Favorite holiday smells? Christmas tree, scented candles, spiced cider...all holiday scents are wonderful!
  15. Do you celebrate Christmas in a traditional or unconventional way? Please elaborate. Well, we have an early dinner with family and/or friends (depending who is where that year), and then to Christmas Eve church service...then it's home and more eating...and the children start guessing presents...although I still wait until they're asleep before I put gifts under the tree...and the kids are 8-18 now, but it's "tradition". We don't do Santa Claus, but we do everything else! I just love Christmas.
  16. What are your favorite holiday traditions? Christmas Eve candlelight service, watching the kids open their stockings in the morning. Oh yes, I also watch Bing Crosby's "White Christmas" on Thanksgiving Day to get the season going. :)
  17. Finish the sentence: “For me Christmas is all about....” celebrating the birth of Jesus, and letting family and friends know how much I love and care for them.
  18. If you were a Christmas ornament you would be…….? Wow...um...an old glass Grape cluster (it's my favorite antique family heirloom from Germany)...or...I'd be... something delicate and fancy.
  19. What was your favorite gift you've ever received? Or given? Favorite gift received...homemade childhood gifts from the kids, and a "shopping spree" at the local yarn store for a few projects (that was from my hubby last year), and another favorite was some family jewelry passed down from my mother. Favorite given gift: handmade items for family (quilted or knitted).
  20. When do you start your Christmas? I start the day of Thanksgiving, as soon as my turkey is in the oven early in the morning...it drives my hubby crazy.
  21. Do you send Christmas cards? Do you make them or buy them? I try to remember to send cards, but sometimes...I forget. I've made and purchased them in the past...depending on my mood. I think this year I'll do photo cards.
  22. What is your favorite Christmas dish? Swedish Meatballs in a sour cream and capers sauce ...family recipe.
  23. Carolers are at your door. What do you do? Open the door and enjoy!
  24. When do you open presents? Christmas eve or Christmas morning? On Christmas morning. Kids may open stockings after 6 am (allowing me to sleep), then we read the Gospel story of Christmas from Luke, and the kids open presents one at a time...while I drink my hot coffee, of course!
  25. Do you celebrate with family or friends or both? Both....sometimes we're home, sometimes at a family house in another state, and sometimes with friends at our house.

5 comments:

Dorothy said...

We always read from Luke on Christmas Eve. I've been so excited to see the people who understand what Christmas is all about! Hopefully, we'll be able to get that across to other people involved in this swap!

Anonymous said...

Hi! This is your SP11 pal. Just wanted to tell you to keep an eye on your mailbox this coming week. :-)

Knittymuggins said...

Thanks so much for sharing Kris! My goodness you have a lot of pets! Must be fun though :) Hope you're enjoying the swap so far and thanks for filling out your questionnaire!

km said...

Yeah for Swedish Meatballs. We have a family recipe for those too (my mom's side is Swedish)...but lately I've been lazy and we'er eating IKEA meatballs. I should really make the real one so my kids know the difference. =0)

Anonymous said...

I'm your secret pal for this swap. I hope you got my e-mail. I was wondering, what's your most cherished religious symbol? Meaning, a visual image that you love such as the cross or fish. Or do you not have one? Let me know. I'm busy thinking up ways to spoil you rotten. :)