Monday, August 20, 2007

Fall Felted Bag Exchange Questionnaire

  1. How long have you been knitting or crocheting? How did you learn? or from whom? I've been knitting since a teen (from Gram) and let it go since then...and picked it up a few years ago, and now I've been a daily knitter for about a year.
  2. What was your first felted object, and why did you decide to try felting? a Booga Bag! Why did I try felting? I couldn't imagine the transformation from wool to felt in my washing machine...so I had to try it.
  3. What are your favorite colors? Any you hate? Favorite colors...most all colors. Personal current favorites: black,sage green, or...Bright accent colors with blacks or browns. Least favorites are pastels, orange, neon. I like Kaffe Fassett colors, too!
  • What are your favorite styles\types of bags? (Long straps? Short handles? Handbags? Totes? Embellished? Plain? Include links to patterns or photos if you’d like – give your pal an idea of what you enjoy!) Um...let's see. Favorites are either bags with long handles (to use as a purse or knitting bag) or an embellished tote. Favorites include:Jasperuvia Bag ( a new favorite that I adore!) and...
5.What handbag or bag are you carrying today? Do you use a separate bag to carry your knitting? I'm carrying a purse with sock knitting in a small silk knitting bag, and I just received a Jordana Paige messenger bag in the mail today...haven't used it yet.
6.What other things do you enjoy knitting or crocheting? Socks, lace shawls and scarves, felted bags. Sweaters.What sort of needles do you enjoy working with? (straights vs circs, bamboo vs aluminum) Short Bamboo and rosewood dpns for socks, addi circs and Knit Picks Options for other. I love Addis, but haven't tried the lace Addis yet.
7.What’s one project you’ve not yet tried but are dying to make? Arctic Lace patterns, and some Russian patterns. I own the Arctic Lace book, but haven't attempted anything yet. Also, the English Garden Carpet Bag...I love the embellishments!

8.What are yarns that you’ve not yet tried but are dying to work with? You mean besides Qiviut? :) Let's see...Wollmeise sock yarn, Malabrigo yarn, Zephyr Silk Merino laceweight yarn...the list goes on and on. :)
9.What other hobbies do you have? Do you spin? Sew? Garden? Read (cookbooks, mysteries, knitting books), I sew (I love to collect Amy Butler and Kaffe Fasset fabrics) to make Amy Butler bags, and ... I knit. :) OH, and being a mom to 3 sons and wife to one great Hubby.
10.Besides yarn, do you collect anything? Yankee Candles in food scents (like Cider Donut, Shortbread Cookie, Oatmeal Cookie, Frosted Pumpkin, Farmhouse Apple...)
11.What kind of goodies do you enjoy? Sweets? Salty? Anything you hate or are allergic to? No allergies...I love chocolates, chocolate covered raisins, Swedish Fish candies, Dove milk chocolates, Reese's, etc...
12. Do you have any kiddos? (Furry kind count!) 3 sons (8,15, and 18), 2 dogs, 2 cats, 5 cockatiels and a guinea pig...and a geriatric hen. Really.

13. What kind of project best personifies you and why? Socks (quick gratification, portable, and luscious yarns and colors) also.... lace patterns (for the romantic/adventurous side of me....I like the challenge and the results for scarves, shawls, etc.

14.What is your favorite part of Autumn? You can also share a special Autumn memory if you'd prefer! The fall leaves, the scents of the apple farm and hot cider and caramel apples, apple pie, etc. Apple picking. Raking leaves. Real Maple Syrup on hot pancakes! Fall fairs....all of Fall.

15.Tell us 3 things you would do if you won 10 million dollars in the lottery. Um...practical things...like pay off bills, probably move to a small country home/farm in the area, and give the rest to others. Too impossible to imagine! I'd have to give most all of it away to those that have real needs. I am blessed with what I have already.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm your SP11 Secret Pal just checking in to say hello. You must have good taste--your blog background is the same as mine. ;-) I have some good surprises planned for you....