Thursday, July 19, 2007

Visit to the Frog Pond

Rip-it. Rip-it... Yup, I frogged Bethany...the sweater, that is. Although I checked my gauge with the Valley Farms Sugarloaf yarn and size 7 circs, I must have done my gauge swatch while stressed, because once I knit 6 inches of the pattern, I measured it...and the child's size 4 sweater was going to fit ME! So...I frogged it. Do you know what size needles I'm currently using? Size 3! Quite a difference, but I truly like the tightness of the garment, and the pattern should show up wonderfully. The Sugarloaf yarn is a joy to work with, as well (shown here, in Eggplant).

26752 eggplant

Valley Yarns Sugarloaf

The microfibre gives this wool such a cashmere-like softness that it can even be worn next to the skin without that annoying itchiness. Available in an array of pleasing colors, Sugarloaf is perfect for anything from kid knits to a sumptuous sweater for yourself.

Content: 52% Fine Merino Wool/48% Acrylic Microfibre
Care: Machine Wash Regular
Weight/Yardage: 50 Grams/81 Yards
Gauge: 4.5 sts=1, #9 or 10 needle
Knitting Weight: Worsted

1 comment:

km said...

Guess all those little rips before were just a warning. That is a great purple. It's the color I keep seeing for kids clothes this fall...and I wonder when I'll find something purple for myself. Maybe I'll have to make something.