Wednesday, July 18, 2007

On The Needles and More

My kiddos aren't here this week...one away at college, and the other 2 at "Camp Whatanonnie"...aka...grandma's (Nonnie) house. :) Smile. Big smile.
I haven't blogged a lot...I HAVE been cleaning closets, scrubbing cabinets, washing floors and sheets, and basically the stuff I don't get to very often....and it shows that I'm NOT Martha (Martha Stewart...who's on TV right now...discussing grilled fruits).
On my needles...um....Sockapalooza...still...but they WILL be done on time....and newly begun...Bethany (a free Berroco pattern) for my youngest neice. It's a great purple/eggplant color. With no kids at home, I took it upon myself to watch a movie...The Holiday...I loved it. However, while knitting and zoning out, I miscounted in my lace pattern...and ripped I did. Then at night, as I was nodding off to sleep while "just finishing the row", I AGAIN misread my simple lace pattern, but had to rip out 2 hours worth of knitting. Yeah, it's a learning process...I know. :)
Good news....I'm back on track. I love the Van Dyke lace pattern for this...we'll see how this particular pattern knits up as I progress. Now...this picture is from the Berroco pattern site...I only have about 4 inches on my needles!

1 comment:

km said...

That'w a beautiful sweater. That's one lucky neice. The lace pattern that almost looks like little hearts looks just like my 2's baby blanket knit by her Great Gram. Maybe I'll have to knit this her this sweater.