Friday, May 18, 2007

Sock Updates, and RIP Mr. and Mrs. Duck

Here is a long overdue update on the current Monkey Socks...I'm on the foot...and I'm knitting the heel and foot with #1s....I used #2 dpns for the patterned leg, but I'd like more definition...this should fit my swap pal perfectly, I hope!









Now for the duck obituaries...Mr. and Mrs. Duck (Mama and Daddy Duck) mysteriously disappearred over the past few days, leaving a nest full of eggs just about ready to hatch. Alas, they won't be hatching. It was either a fox or the local fisher cat...my bet is a fox, though. Sonja, the old hen, is still around...and is hiding in our garage tonight. It's stormy out, and I haven't the heart to chase her to the henhouse to be there all alone. I'm a softy. This is the nest Mama Duck has left under our ornamental bush in the front yard by the stone wall.


Although I haven't blogged much over the past 2 weeks, I've been catching up on end of school year chores, college forms, the high school theatre production, etc. Tomorrow we're expecting a lot of rain...so it sounds like a perfect knitting day in my flannel jammies. It may be Spring elsewhere, but the bank clock read 41 degrees this morning!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The socks are coming along nicely....very pretty. Sounds like tomorrow will be a perfect day for you to sit back and unwind a little. No cold here, we haven't seen anything below mid-80's and nothing below the mid-50's at night....summers almost here.