Sunday, May 27, 2007

The LOST sock bag saga...

On Friday, I took my little sock bag (my wonderful lime green and blue paisley bag by Jennifer of colorfullife.etsy.com) with my second monkey sockand knitting goodies tucked inside...and brought it with me to church at noon (where our children's club was hosting a dinner to say thank you to all the church ministry workers...it took all day to set up for the dinner and cook). Thinking at noon that I'd have a few minutes of time to knit...being early and organized (ha ha), I took the bag with me...then it went home with me (no knitting do teenager has, I thought. Next morning...oh, it's still in his car anne, of course) at 10:30 pm...or so I thought! That night when I went to knit...no bag! "Oh, it's in the other car that my son has" and he didn't come home till after midnight...in the morning I find out that he's at work... then he returned home, said he had the bag..and then went to the mall..with my bag that he shoved in the back of the truck! Now, our old Suburban back door doesn't always lock ...am I worried about anything else besides the sock bag? No! Son then took truck to Youth Group at church...and bag safely arrived home at 9:30 last night. Sigh. I was like a clucking mother hen...I don't mean to be attached to material things...but my goodness, it's my sock bag! :)
I had tried to start knitting my tote for the Spring Felted Bag Exchange, but my heart wasn't in it.
Silly me. So, now it's time to finish up my Monkey Sock for the Monkey Swap, and keep my sock bag close to me at all times!

1 comment:

KnitMommy said...

I would have been so sad with you if your bag was gone forever!!! Since I recently discovered the love that is socks, I feel your pain! Thank the gourds you found it!!