Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Knotty Knitty Kris has Knotted Yarn


Happy Tuesday! I have NO pics of knitting. Sigh. First, batteries are dead...will try to borrow son's camera of...my GIGANTIC knot of lovely Koigu sock yarn!
This is my first HUGE (did I mention it was big?) knot of nice yarn. I was knitting merrily along...finishing my Monkey sock...when I found a little knot in my center-wound ball (wound by myself)...I ignored it...(mistake #1) then...I took the mess of knotted wool seriously. I tried to unknot the big mess for an hour at home...an hour car ride to the lake house...the return trip...and then at home right before bed...when frustration was riding high. I am making progress...but it's unbelievable how a "little" snag can turn into a monstrosity of yarn carnage. I'm not sure what I did during the yarn winding process with my swift and ball winder, but I'll pay careful attention next time!
Tonight is our eldest son's high school graduation. I will get new camera batteries!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. Before I purchased my swift I had my hubby help me wind my yarn. Something went wrong and I ended up with a hank that had to be cut in 6 different places. I was in tears by the time I got it all fixed. Hope yours comes out without the use of scissors.

Anonymous said...

Send it to me, if you need some help.
I'm known unknotter in my country (?), several Grinasco merinosilks have been unknotted ;)

I know how hard it can be . Be patient.

sox box pal

KnitMommy said...

That sounds so painful! I had a huge knot in the ball of Regia I am working with right now. I tried to pull the center pull and out came a huge knot. I tried and my mom tried to get it out. I finally had to cut it. :o( I was really sad. Good luck with yours. Hopefully it isnt as bad as mine!