Sunday, May 11, 2008

NH Sheep & Wool Festival 2008 and Randomness :)

Blue Moon Fiber Arts Mediumweight Sock Yarn


Pattern: Central Air by Tanya Bachman





Above, you are looking at my current favorites...my WIP which is Blue Moon Fiber Arts sock yarn and a pattern sent along with it for the Rockin Sock Club 2007. I love the pattern, and pictures are to follow, hopefully. I'm knitting these on size 0 dpns, even after breaking 4 of my size 0 rosewoods. I have 2 Socks at a Time cast on and half finished, but that particular WIP is "resting" while I work on the above....with the above beverage...my favorite...

Dunkin Donuts! (Make it a hot large coffee, extra cream and 4 Splenda). Oh my...it's my favorite. Below, a cute sheep...



Which brings me to...
The New Hampshire Sheep and Wool Festival, held here in my neck of the woods, at the Hopkinton Fairgrounds this past weekend. Tons of yarn, fleece, all sorts of "knitterly goodness", wheels, sheep, alpacas, etc...etc...and wonderful knitters. I was a newbie this year, and arrived at 10 am, leaving at 1 pm with only a T-shirt (see below). Although I COULD have purchased anything I wanted (being Mother's Day weekend), having a full stash, stiff fingers from the RA, and a wonderful time just browsing and chatting, I came home ONLY with a shirt. Yes, it's true.
Fleece on Earth T-shirt from Overeast Farm . I wore this shirt today while gardening.

Extra special blessings of the day, included meeting Dorothy !, a sister in the Lord and online knitting friend from Mass. It was wonderful meeting her and spending a few but precious minutes with her. :) I also saw Mrs. Tawney, my eldest son's first grade teacher (whom he adored)...the only teacher he had before we homeschooled him 2nd-12th grade. She is a wonderful woman with a gentle spirit, and I'll be sure to have my son contact her. It's amazing who God will place in your path at various times in your life, isn't it? It's never a coincidence, that's for sure! I was able to also see old friends from church, who were at the event with their great wheel and needle felting demonstrations.

NH Sheep and Wool Festival



Favorite Vendors at the event that I enjoyed:


Green Mountain Spinnery patterns (love their patterns)

Melissa Jean Handknit Designs
(darling baby clothes)

My knitting is going very slow but steady, with just bits here and there while I adjust from knitting quite a bit daily to every once in awhile due to the hand pain. God has allowed me to use this time to get more close to Him, and to enjoy the many facets of parenting teens, encouraging my husband while he's again unemployed, and to get ready for our summer VBS program and family activites at the lake!

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

Kris - it was great to meet you too! Hopefully next time we meet up, we'll get to spend some more time together!