Saturday, May 24, 2008

New Project for Take-Alongs and other ramblings...



New 8 week old kittens Abby and Shiloh



One completed Central Air sock









This is our newest visitor (actually, we have a pair) to our new bird feeding station.
The male patiently carried seed to his mate over and over, as she sat on a nearby boulder! (not his actual photo, sorry)






Gosh, what a gorgeous morning here in NH! I couldn't sleep, as I had nausea following an IV med treatment yesterday, so I've been up since 4 am, and I've already deadheaded the flowers in my garden, pulled weeds, had a great cup of coffee from my Keurig coffee maker, and caught up on email. I plan to wipe most of my scheduled events, outings, kid chauffeuring, and take it easy today, as I was told to. Yes, I'm going to knit ...all...day, or at least till I can't see straight or my hands gnarl up. It's 7:30 am, and I hope that I can stay away and not "waste" this downtime day. Annie the Schnoodle loves to curl up on my lap, and I think I'll enjoy the time with her. On the other hand, Toby (picture) is 13, obnoxious, odiferous, and ...is just like a cantankerous old man. He's 130 pounds of sweet, beligerent geriatric puppyhood.

After my treatment yesterday, I took advantage of the nice early evening hours and planted my salvia, delphinium, cosmos, pink painted daisy, asylum (picture of species below), and a white osteospermum.



Block #1 of the Barn Raising Quilt (above)


Thanks to Meghan on Stitch-It, I'm starting another knitting project. But wait! Let me explain...it's using up stash yarn, leftover sock yarns,etc...with no cost, as I have all the yarn. I figure that I can use it as my portable project as a change from lugging around my Tangerine Twist sweater, or a pair of socks. I was going to start work on the Celtic Knot stole, but I don't think I can put my mind to it right now. A friend, Dorothy, has her progress posted on her blog.


The new project? It's the Barn Raising Quilt in the great new book, Knitalong by Larissa Brown and Martin John Brown.

In more non knitting news...A childhood friend and her family is taking a once in a lifetime RV trip with 7 of their 8 children to see "The West", and their blog is awesome. Check it out! Currently, they're in Death Valley!

Quiet time is here for a few hours, time to go knit and rest.




1 comment:

km said...

That quilt looks so great. I'm going to have to add that book to my wish list.