Thursday, October 11, 2007

Thursday Ramblings

Gone are the 80+ degree days that we had here in NH last week. Hello Autumn colors, the lower temps, and fresh, hot pancakes for breakfast with REAL maple syrup...the only way to eat pancakes. Truly. :)
Knittingwise, I'm still working on my Forest Canopy Shawl, and Mr. Greenjeans top (a bit), and I'm working on a Crest of the Wave lace scarf in a teal zephyr laceweight for a surprise gift for a friend...actually, I'm casting on the scarf today, as the family and I head to Florida tomorrow, for a week of R&R on the beach on Anna Maria Island...and yes, I DO knit on the beach! And read,
and swim, and make sand castles with the youngest son.
Now, podcast wise, here's what I've put on my iPod for the plane trip, etc...Cast On, Knit Picks, Sticks & String, Yarn Thing, She-Knits, Stash and Burn...and my new favorite...the Knitting Cook. I have my iPod FULL of these people, of missed episodes, etc. It's like having a knitting group with me wherever I go. I like that.
Time to homeschool, do laundry, pack, knit, and etc. Enjoy the day!
From a quote borrowed from David at Sticks & String...Carpe Lanam! (Seize the Wool!)

4 comments:

Dorothy said...

Kris - I mailed out your PIF project Tuesday, which means it will probably arrive while you're away! Have a great time in Florida!

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a great time in Florida! I'm working on you second surprise package. :-)

SP11

Anonymous said...

Kris - reading your blog always makes me feel so good and so homesick for the East Coast!! Thank you for sharing it with us .. and BTW I have officially TAGGED you since I wanted all my fellow bloggers in CA to see how beautiful your pictures are too!!

YarnThing said...

hey, I am so glad and Honored to be on your ipod for the trip! I hope you have a great time!!!

marly