Saturday, June 9, 2007

Knitter's Virtual Vacation Swap Questionnaire

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

This questionnaire is posted per request of the Knitter's Virtual Vacation Swap!

1. If you could visit any state in the US, which would it be and why? Hawaii...it seems beautiful and enchanting, or the Alaskan wilderness...same reason, but different climates! I think Alaska wins out, though. Of course, there MUST be LYS to visit, too!

2. If you could visit any country in the world, other than your own, which would it be and why?
Tahiti...a tropical paradise, and my parents have visited there a few times, and loved it. Seems tranquil, and the ocean color and sea life are unbelievable. Wait! My son and mom are in the UK for a month...I want to go, too! Scotland...actually a small place outside Glasgow, because that's where my family is from..I think it's Rutherglen. Yes, Scotland would be my first choice over Tahiti.


3. Have you ever driven across several states/providence/countries?
Yes, all along the Eastern US seaboard. We also have a cottage at the Outer Banks in North Carolina, where we yearly vacation in the summer.

4. Have you ever visited someplace you consider exotic? Where was it? Bahamas, Caribbean. Not too exotic, but it's the best I can do!

5. What was your favorite "travel" vacation? Why? Camping trip with good family friends on a horrific weekend filled with thunderstorms...kids had a ball, we had Gevalia coffee, we were soaked to the skin, but the fellowship and fun fill my memories! In second place: Germany with my mother while I was in High School...great memories of mom and the small town and villages!

6. Have you ever played tourist in your own home city/state (if international, country)? Explain.No, never took the time. :( Wait, before we moved here, we did. We hit all of the touristy spots, like the now gone "Old Man of the Mountain", and Storyland.
However, we have hosted 2 Japanese high school students for 2 summers and played tour guide for them...we had a blast!


7. Are you a museum visitor, beach comer or an amusement seeker? I like museums, local craft/artisan stores, and I seek the local food! I'm definitely a beach comber.

8. What's your favorite type of yarn? Fingering weight sock yarn.
Koigu PPPM, Claudia's Handpainted, wool and superwash wools for sock knitting.

Also, wools for felting...it's a new thrill for me! (Cascade 220, Manos, Lamb's Pride Bulky, Noro Kureyon)

9. What's your least favorite type of yarn? acrylic and fun fur, unless novelty yarn to felt in bags with the wool.

10. What items do you like to knit/crochet? socks, starting to knit lace. Felting, too! Handbags, especially. I'm addicted to both socks and felted bags.

11. What do you pack, knit/crochet wise when you go on vacation? socks, of course! Any WIP that fits in my bag. Knitting travels with me everywhere.

12. What other crafts do you do/would like to do other than Knit/Crochet? Are there any others?

13. Are you allergic to anything? (Yarn wise or treat wise) Nope.

14. What is your favorite color? Least Favorite? Jewel tones. Least favorite: pastels. I love bright colored yarns for felting, as well as autumn tones. :)

15. Sweet or Savory (Treat not personality)? Sweet, although TRYING to lose weight...so...cashews, almonds, bite size chocolates (to keep me from eating large amounts!)


16. Anything else we are forgetting to ask that you think your partner desperately needs to know? Not that I can think of.

No comments: