Wednesday, May 2, 2007

The Spring Fling Pal Strikes NH!






I felt like it was my birthday...silly me....and it isn't! albino

I received a lovely purple yarn-tainer (keeps yarn away from the new puppy), 2 skeins of rock n roll wildfoote sock yarn (you've got to see this color!), 3 sets of Clover bamboo needles (dpn sizes 0,1,2)...a set of metal dpns in various sizes, Bath and Body Works cucumber-melon body lotion (heavenly scent), stitch markers, the 365 knitting stitches a day calendar...and a "Growing Critter" sheep...I think I'll let my youngest put this guy in water and watch him grow!
Isn't it funny how we grown women...SAHMs, professionals, retired, college age, etc, etc...get SO excited when we receive a knitting gift? I don't know about you, but my dear, dear hubby doesn't have a CLUE regarding the feeling I get when I go into a LYS, knit a project, add to my stash, learn a new technique, finish a pair of socks, or put together a surprise package for knitty friends... it's NOT the gift or monetary value...it's the thought that counts, and the fact that there ARE other knitters/crafters out there who are just as knitty as I am! :)
On the needles: STILL...the second SKS sock...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love getting goody boxes in the mail. It's a lot of fun opening them up to see what you get. :~)

Anonymous said...

That is a great package! What fun! I'm working on yours now...it's a "perky" package for sure! Have a great day, and some coffee of course!

Rebecca said...

It is kind of silly when you think about it. We are willing to go out and buy things for a complete stranger instead when we could just as well buy them for ourselves!

Anonymous said...

Glad you liked it.

It is better to give than receive, and more fun! That is why I SP!

Your SP

CaveGurl said...

Secret Pals are the best! Congrats on the great boxes you have been getting. I just wanted to stop by and say thanks for the comments on my still-life photo of the coffee and yarn over at the Knitters Coffee Swap. I really appreciate them. Stop by and check out my blog sometime.

Have a great day and Happy Knitting!

Anonymous said...

I wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you! I have begun planning a gorgeous jewel-toned sock in a wonderful yarn.
What wonderful gifts you have to show off! I might be a little bit jealous :)
Good Luck and I'll "meet" you in August!
Your Secret Sockapalooza Pal

lauriec said...

You are so right about hubbies not getting knitting goodies!

BTW, I am a UVM alum & spent a good bit of time at the "'Wick" back in the day (my ex husband is a Norwich grad). Is your son going as a cadet or civilian?

Diane said...

What great stuff! Love the color of that yarn. That's gonna make some wild socks for sure. Those clover locking stitch markers are the best!