Sunday, May 20, 2007

Favorite Knitting Spot!




My favorite places to Knit

For Question # 3 Contest #2 of the Spring Felted Bag Exchange:

Where's your favorite place to knit or crochet? Describe (or show!) us where you sit and how you most enjoy your craft!

Well, my favorite knitting spot is the living room...family is close by, sun shines through the window, I can curl up on the couch with a blankie and coffee (it's still cool in New England) and I'm most relaxed here. An added bonus: puppy can't reach my yarn, Nonni biscotti, or coffee. I can also "see" what the kiddos are up to...while I have my "mom" radar on!
I take my knitting everywhere in a cute fabric bag from Jennifer from colorfullife.etsy.com.
It has two compartments, and big enough for socks, yet small enough to shove in another bag with books, etc. I get laughed at sometimes, but the same people who snicker at me are the same people who ask "When are you knitting ME a pair of socks?" Yeah...right. :)
Knitting calms me down, allows me time to focus on prayer for others, for my husband and children, and to settle my "AADD" mind down while I try to attempt to sort out the day's activities and priorities. I simply can't sit without knitting or a book in my hand. I don't read as much, with knitting taking over, sort of!
My second favorite place: Once a year we load up the Suburban and head to Outer Banks, NC where we have a cottage....I load up on books and knitting. As long as there is shade...I can knit.
It helps that there's a cute little yarn shop on the island, called Knitting Addiction. Nice vacation yarn stop!!!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Kris...I just wanted to thank you. Gnorm showed up on my doorstep today and OMG!!!! You totally blew me away. I kid you not...the yarn gave me goosebumps. It is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!! I can't thank you enough. The candle with my name on it (SO cool!) and everything else is super thoughtful and I love it all!!! I'll be blogging about it all later tonight and on the gnome swap blog but I just wanted to thank you so much. I love it all. I have hesitated in joining any swaps for awhile. I have had some seriously bad experiances in the past (i.e. I sent Koigu...I recieved RED HEART....the horror!!!) So thanks again for such a beautiful swap!