Saturday, March 24, 2007

Knitting Updates and More

A gorgeous sunny day has turned cloudy, and a bit (1-3 inches) of snow is due tonight...I'm SO ready for Spring and warmth!
My Monkey Socks are progressing...I had to frog my sock and switch to using size 1 dpns for a better gauge, and I'm much happier with the look of the pattern. I'm turning my heel on the first one.
In other matters, my Mellow/Rutabaga secret swap pal has figured out who I am...and my Knitty secret pal was GambaGirl from Amsterdam...yes, in The Netherlands! She's quite an accomplished musician and knitter, and it was a pleasure to be her secret pal!
I haven't knitted as much as I would have liked to over this week, as a friend's son had emergency surgery (he's OK now) and I watched her 3 other children (2,6,and 9) for 2 days...they were great kids, but I'm bush-tired! :) Keep Samuel (the boy) in prayer as he recuperates from surgery.
By the way, 2 good things came in the mail today...I forget that I had ordered them earlier in the week...my apeldoorn sock yarn (see pic below) and a beautiful sock bag from colorfullife, an etsy shop. I'll try to post pics later...

OK, time for a quick nap, then knit and watch Eragon. My schnauzer, Hannah, is curled up beside me and hubby, and dreaming of boating this summer (see her and Nannie on the boat).

2 comments:

Klozter said...

And she enjoyed *very* much being your Secret Pal too! Truly, you were wonderfully generous and spot on with everything! I'll enjoy keeping up with your blog after the swap is over!

C said...

what is the knitty secret pal swap?