Saturday, March 10, 2007

Behold, my first sock since 2004 is completed!

Feast your eyes on my sock...my ONE sock...made by me...by myself...first sock in 3 years...I am having so much fun with it...




Why all the pics of ONE sock? With a K2P2 rib??
It's because it's my first sock knitted in 3 years, without anyone standing over my shoulder!!! Yahoo! I am SO happy! Yes, and it was so very easy with...you guessed it, the Sensational Knitted Socks book. Sigh. I love this book. Time to cast on my other sock, though, before SSS (the dreaded second sock syndrome)
sets in. I need to shorted the heel a tad, but besides that...it fits my wide (fat) foot well...and the Austermann Step is so very soft. I'm ready to whip up the second sock, so I can cast on...

MY STR (Socks That Rock) colorway in Monsoon, from Blue Moon Fiber Arts! Yes...my box came today. What an awesome binder, color, and pattern... the color here isn't true, but it's beautiful in person.
Now that Spring is almost here...I felt sorry for our 2 ducks, and Sonja, our lone geriatric hen, and put an old quilt outside for them to sit on while sunning...see here. Anyway, I haven't completely gone insane, however, the family thinks so.

2 comments:

LivingArtfully said...

Congratulations on your sock, it looks great! You are inspiring me to give it another shot at casting the blasted thing on again. Can't wait to see you model it in person :)

Boop said...

So, I guess you won't be knitting me a PAIR of socks for my birthday??? I am happy to see you gave the ducks & chicken something to sit on. Those rocks are cold!
Later sis.