Thursday, January 24, 2008

I've been "tagged" by Dorothy!
7 Random Facts Meme

Here are the rules, and they must be posted to your blog.
Link to the person’s blog who tagged you (see above).
List seven random and/or weird facts about yourself.
Tag seven random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
Let each person know that they have been tagged by posting a comment on their blog and also so they can look at your blog and not tag the same people all over again!

1. I say "thingy" all the time, when I can't remember the name of a common object. Drives my friends and family crazy. They call me Dory (Finding Nemo) or Hammy (from Over the Hedge).
True on both accounts.

2. I saw "draw" instead of "drawer"...it's what you put your clothes in. There are 4 draws in my dresser.

3. I became a Neonatal ICU nurse after graduation, moving to Virginia on a whim, and met my wonderful Hubby. We knew each other for...9 weeks, and then we were engaged! It's been a great 21 years so far. :)

4. My favorite book series is...The Cat Who...by Lillian Jackson Braun. I especially like this series to listen on my iPod when knitting.

5. I'm a snow-phobic, now that I'm in my 40's. Yes, I'm a born Yankee, but I want my family HOME AND SAFE, and off the roads when snow accumulates in ANY amounts. I sort of freak out. I need to trust God on this one. I feel like a mother hen who needs her baby chicks safe under her wing when a snowflake is seen here in New Hampshire.

6. I love Schnauzers. I inherited one from a patient of mine who passed away shortly after I graduated from college in 85, now I'm on my 3rd Schnauzer "daughter". Current is actually a "Schnoodle", Annie, who is 11 months old.

7. I had Gastric Bypass surgery 5 years ago. It was a life saver, and I'm happy with the health results. Gained back 20 pounds, but no more. Loss of 130 total.

8 (a freebie "fact") My very first blogs that I read were...you guessed it...Wendy Knits and the Yarn Harlot. Thank you both to introducing me to the world of blogs and knitting blogger friends.

Whom I will tag:

Casey (of Knitting at Night podcast!)
Deb
Marly (Woo Hoo! of Yarn Thing podcast)
CurlyKnitter
Meghan (of Stitch it! podcast)
Barbra (great etsy shop!)
Nancy

Have fun!

1 comment:

Barbra said...

Thanks for the tag... I think! I loved learning about you and especially about being snow phobic. I'm a native New Yorker living in South Carolina and snow was one reason I moved! I completely understand.