Saturday, April 7, 2007

RIP Hannah-Banana...and new yarn arrivals


Happy Resurrection Day! or Happy Easter! I know I'm early, but I probably won't be online tomorrow.
I arrived home from CT yesterday, only to find my 11 (or is it 12?) year old Schnauzer, Hannah, hiding up in my room, unable to use her back legs. We went to the Vet's office, and $247, x-rays and lab work later, she went home last night without a clue to what's going on. She didn't seem in pain, but didn't move from her bed all last night, peed in the bed overnight and slept in it, and wasn't interested in anything, or food. To the Vet's we went, for a one way trip. She was my little girl, as I have no daughters. Actually, I called her my "little princess". I miss her, and this afternoon I threw away her dog beds (ruined since she emptied her bladder in them), bought a new mop, broom, and all sorts of cleaning supplies for Spring cleaning....then I brought them home, and I'm too tired to clean. :) I miss Hannah, and didn't sleep well between those 2 vet clinic visits.
I always thought that big old Toby would be the first one to enter doggy heaven. :)
On the good list: I came home to yarn stash additions from various ebay sellers: I have 4 skeins of Wildfoote, 4 skeins of Panda Wool (so soft!), 2 of Panda cotton, 6 skeins of Noro Kureyon (to make 2 Booga Bags), 2 skeins of Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino, and a beautiful skein of Serendipity fingering yarn by ZenString in a chocolate brown and pink colorway. Yumm-O. (See picture below)
I also had a lovely Spring Purse Knit Kit from Sherrin in NYC, and this kit came with 2 skeins of Cotton and EcoSpun yarn in a blue/grey/white colorway, with the Ms. Poppin's Bag pattern from the Fall 2006 Interweave Knits magazine. Awesome!
Baby socks are finished, but I skipped the baby shower today, as I'm tired, worn out, emotional, and the house is frightfully in need of cleaning. :)
All of the above is trivial though, compared to the reality that tomorrow I celebrate the resurrection of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. After church tomorrow, we're having an Easter brunch with our immediate family: a Breakfast casserole with sausage and cheese, a fresh fruit salad, hot cross buns, and fresh orange juice...NOT from concentrate! :)
Again, Happy Easter...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear about poor Hannah. Hope you're doing ok!

Dana said...

Came across your blog from another knitter's blog~ so sorry to hear about Hannah from a fellow schnauzer mom.

Dana
www.fullskein.blogspot.com